API 570 courses are developed with the combined efforts of professional engineers and certified API Inspectors (in cooperation with industry experts) to ensure the course will focus on what the student needs to learn to pass the certification exam.
This API 570 course helps delegates prepare for the API 570 Piping Inspector certification exam. This course is also an excellent learning experience for people seeking broad knowledge relating to maintenance, inspection, alteration and repair of in-service metallic piping systems.
- Course overview: Piping Inspector
- Piping Inspection Code: API 570
- Inspection Practices for Piping System Components: API 574
- Inspection of Pressure-Relieving Devices: API 576
- Process Piping: ASME B31.3
- Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings: ASME B16.5
- Welding Inspection and Metallurgy: API 577
- Nondestructive Examination: ASME Section V
- Qualification Standard for Welding; Welders; and Welding Operators: ASME Section IX
- Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment: API 571
- Voiceover lessons and practice quizzes after each lesson
- Practice quizzes are graded to provide a measure of self-evaluation
- Quizzes will provide feedback with the codebook section reference to increase familiarity with the codebook layout
- More than 1,000 quiz questions that can be practiced unlimited times
- Practice Exam with real exam content and structure to help you get an idea of how the actual certification exam will be
- A Quick Reference Study Guide is provided which contains important content to skim over days before the exam
- Ask questions directly to the instructor via live chat, or email
- Ask questions and study together with other students in our discussion boards
- The API 570 exam is 6 hours and 30 minutes long and divided into two portions: 2 hours and 45 minutes for the closed-book portion and 3 hours and 45 minutes for the open-book portion
- The exam has 170 questions, of which only 140 are scored. The remaining 30 are pretest, which are not scored questions. They consists of 110 questions for closed-book portion and 60 questions for open-book portion
- Paper, notes and outside reference materials are not allowed into the exam.
- The exam has a set passing scaled score.
- There will be a brief tutorial on the computer-based testing experience before the exam begins.
Each participant will receive a Mech Integrity Certificate of Completion for the API 570 training course, and students can also add the certification to their LinkedIn profile.
For Exam Information, Exam Registration, Qualification Requirements, Schedules, and Fees, please visit American Petroleum Institute's API 570 page.
API and ASME Code Books are not provided as part of this course. They may be purchased seperately at API Publications Store or other authorized resellers.