This online API 577 course is developed with the combined efforts of professional engineers and certified API Inspectors to ensure the course will focus on what the student needs to learn to pass the certification exam.
API 577 online course helps students prepare for the API 577 Welding Inspection and Metallurgy certification exam. This course is also an excellent learning experience for people seeking knowledge in welding and related NDE.
This course is intended for inspectors, engineers, metallurgists, and individuals involved in maintenance, operations, and fixed equipment reliability programs, to prepare for the API 577 certification exam.
- Scope, Definitions, and Symbols
- Welding Inspection, and NDE
- Welding Process, Procedure, and Qualifications
- Welding Materials & Metallurgy
- Welding issues specific to refinery and Petrochemical plants
- Voiceover lessons and practice quizzes after each lesson
- Practice quizzes are graded to provide a measure of self-evaluation
- Quizzes will provide feedback with the codebook section reference to increase familiarity with the codebook layout
- More than 275 quiz questions that can be practiced unlimited times
- Practice Exam with real exam content and structure to help you get an idea of how the actual certification exam will be
- A Quick Reference Study Guide is provided which contains important content to skim over days before the exam
- Ask questions directly to the instructor via live chat, or email
- Ask questions and study together with other students in our discussion boards
- The API 577 exam is 3 hours, and 15 minutes long.
- Consist of 80 multiple choice questions, only 70 are scored. Remaining 10 are pre-test questions, which are not scored
- Paper, notes and reference materials are not allowed into the exam.
- Exam has a set passing scaled score.
- Questions on the test will cover Welding Inspection and Metallurgy based on the information contained in API RP 577
Each participant will receive a Mech Integrity Certificate of Completion for the API 577 training course, and students can also add the certification to their LinkedIn profile.
For Exam Information, Exam Registration, Qualification Requirements, Schedules, and Fees, please visit American Petroleum Institute's API 577 page.
API and ASME Code Books are not provided as part of this course. They may be purchased seperately at API Publications Store or other authorized resellers.