This online API 653 course is developed with the combined efforts of professional engineers and certified API Inspectors in cooperation with industry experts. API 653 course helps the candidates prepare for the API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector certification examination.
This course is also an excellent learning experience for people seeking knowledge in design, construction, repair, operation, or inspection of aboveground storage tanks.
- Course overview: API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector
- Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction: API 653
- Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage: API 650
- Inspection of Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks: API 575
- Welding Inspection and Metallurgy: API 577
- Cathodic Protection of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks: API 651
- Lining of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tank Bottoms: API 652
- Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry: API 571
- Nondestructive Examination: ASME Section V
- Qualification Standard for Welding; Welders; and Welding Operators: ASME Section IX
- Voiceover lessons and practice quizzes after each lesson
- Practice quizzes are graded to provide a measure of self-evaluation
- Quizzes will provide feedback with the codebook section reference to increase familiarity with the codebook layout
- More than 1,000 quiz questions that can be practiced unlimited times
- Practice Exam with real exam content and structure to help you get an idea of how the actual certification exam will be
- A Quick Reference Study Guide is provided which contains important content to skim over days before the exam
- Ask questions directly to the instructor via live chat, or email
- Ask questions and study together with other students in our discussion boards
- The API 653 exam is 6 hours and 30 minutes long and divided into two portions: a 2 hours and 45 minutes for the closed-book portion, and 3 hours and 45 minutes for the open-book portion
- The exam has 170 questions, of which only 140 are scored. The remaining 30 are pretest, which are not scored questions.
- Paper, notes and outside reference materials are not allowed into the exam.
- The exam has a set passing scaled score.
- There will be a brief tutorial on the computer-based testing experience before the exam begins.
Each participant will receive a Mech Integrity Certificate of Completion for the API 653 training course, and students can also add the certification to their LinkedIn profile.
For Exam Information, Exam Registration, Qualification Requirements, Schedules, and Fees, please visit American Petroleum Institute's API 653 page.
API and ASME Code Books are not provided as part of this course. They may be purchased seperately at API Publications Store or other authorized resellers.