This online API SIFE course will assist students in preparing for the API SIFE (Source Inspector Fixed Equipment) certification exam. This certification is open to any candidates with experience in the petrochemical industries.
This course is also an excellent learning experience for people seeking knowledge in requirements of Source Inspection activities of providing quality surveillance of materials, equipment, and fabrications being supplied for use in the oil, petrochemical, and gas Industries.
- Introduction & Course Overview
- API SIFE Guidelines
- Source Inspection Performance
- Manufacturing and Fabrication (M&F) Processes
- Examination Methods: Tools & Equipment
- Welding Process, Procedure, and Qualifications
- Pressure Vessels
- Piping, Flanges & Fittings and Valves
- Structural Steel Welding: AWS D1.1
- Surface Preparation/Coatings Inspections
- Voiceover lessons and practice quizzes after each lesson
- Practice quizzes are graded to provide a measure of self-evaluation
- Quizzes will provide feedback with the codebook section reference to increase familiarity with the codebook layout
- More than 500 quiz questions that can be practiced unlimited times
- Practice Exam with real exam content and structure to help you get an idea of how the actual certification exam will be
- A Quick Reference Study Guide is provided which contains important content to skim over days before the exam
- Ask questions directly to the instructor via live chat, or email
- Ask questions and study together with other students in our discussion boards
- The API SIFE exam is 3 hours and 15 minutes long.
- The exam has 110 questions, of which only 100 are scored. The remaining 10 are pre-test, which is NOT scored.
- Paper, notes and outside reference materials are not allowed into the exam.
- The exam has a set passing scaled score.
- Questions on the test will focus on source inspection issues & activities rather than design or engineering knowledge contained in the reference standards
Each participant will receive a Mech Integrity Certificate of Completion for the API SIFE training course, and students can also add the certification to their LinkedIn profile.
For Exam Information, Exam Registration, Qualification Requirements, Schedules, and Fees, please visit American Petroleum Institute's API SIFE page.
API and ASME Code Books are not provided as part of this course. They may be purchased seperately at API Publications Store or other authorized resellers.